Nestlé Wellness Campus (NWC) is the largest nutrition, health, and wellness program in the country, currently teaching at least 10.5 million Grades 1 to 10 students in 20,000 public schools. With Nestlé’s Seven Healthy Habits as its guide, NWC has helped children and their families prioritize their nutrition and overall wellness through its on-ground and in-person programs.
But when the pandemic hit, it posed a big challenge - how do we continue, let alone grow, our efforts in educating families about nutrition, health, and wellness given the various restrictions of distance education in a manner that is still welcoming and intuitive to our market’s behavior?
Nestlé decided to reaffirm and strengthen its commitment to promoting wellness education by creating the Nestlé Wellness Campus Digital Communities - Nestle's first-ever digital community-building program in the Philippines.
Given its online nature, the Nestlé Wellness Campus Digital Communities are not hampered by health restrictions and physical distancing. Moreover, this digital community can grow sustainably way after the pandemic due to the online behavior of our market.
To sustain NWC’s long-term goal of promoting the seven healthy habits to learners & their families, the new online communities aim to:
- Provide an online experience that is democratic and can be easily accessed by students, teachers, and parents,
- Establish an exclusive and self-sustaining community of highly engaged educators and parents
- Provide a platform where we can support the nutrition, health, and wellness of students and their families by sharing wellness-related content and encouraging them to post their own,
- Drive brand affinity to Nestlé and strengthen stakeholder connection despite limited face-to-face interaction
There were four (4) key components that were implemented to successfully deliver NWC’s objectives:
1. The pair of Nestlé Facebook Communities - Nestlé Wellness Campus (NWC) for Teachers and Nestlé Wellness Homeroom (NWH) for parents.
2. Healthy Habits Modules for Students and Parents
3. Guro Guide Webinars for Teachers
4. Wellness Dancercise Song
When the pandemic hit, many brands tried to pivot by creating online communities to little success - gaining unsatisfactory traction from their loyal consumers.
But NWC tells a different story. It has flourished by gaining 335,000 members 3 months after its launch, exceeding the expected membership target. Nestlé Wellness Homeroom (NWH) alone accumulated 253,000 members in its first 2 months.
Currently, the total NWC Digital Community membership is at 442,000 and counting.
Guro Guide, being one of the key components of the community, became an instant success. The projected registration was set at 7,500 but resulted in a registration count of 7,710 – that’s 102% of the optimistic registration estimate.
80% of the attendees stayed for the entire series of webinars (112 minutes of content), entailing high participation with a total of 1500 questions raised through the chat. Thus sparking the number of shared content from teachers for teachers by the thousands moving forward.
The Active Audience Reach Rates for NWC and NWH for May 2022 are 258% and 345% respectively.
NWC Digital Communities' engagement rate averages at a steady 6% with a high of 14%.
And the best part? These results came from ZERO media spend.